LOCATION: Wright Cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of the county in the Slabtown. It also may be known as Slabtown Cemetery. It is in Block 61 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. DIRECTIONS: The cemetery is off Farm Market 1498 on County Road 15900 in the Slabtown Community. The cemetery is on the east side of the road about 100 feet from the road. GPS COORDINATES: 33° 27' 51.82 N, 95° 32' 01.71 W
(33.46438 Latitude and 95.53381 Longitude)
OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: The oldest known grave is that of Martha L. M. Little, who died in 1862. NUMBER OF GRAVES: There are 53 known graves in the cemetery. (July 2017) SIGNS/MARKERS: There is a state highway marker for the cemetery.
Historic Texas Cemetery: No Texas Historical Commission Marker: No
LAST ENUMERATION: The cemetery was recorded by Betsy Mills and Elizabeth House on March 2, 1992. ADD'L INFORMATION: A marker in the north central part of the cemetery reads, 'Angy Wight, giver of this acre of ground for a community graveyard. Loved by many friends.'
In 1998 the caretaker of the cemetery was Rodger Ruthart, Rt. 4, Box 1157B, Paris, TX 75462, 903-784-0078.
View pictures of the headstones.
Search for names in this and other cemeteries.
Return to the map page.
Return to the list of cemeteries.
Return to the main Lamar County, TX page.
Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.
Copyright © 1996 —
— The Lamar County TX Website Team
This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.