LOCATION: Red Hill Cemetery is located in the northeast quadrant of the county near the Midcity community on County Road 45080. It is in Block 9 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. There has been one obituary found that referred to this location as the Maggard Family Cemetery. DIRECTIONS: From the intersection of Hwy 271 North and FM 906, proceed easterly for 1.9 miles to the intersection of FM 906 with CR 45080. There ia a road sign on FM 906. Take CR 45080 northerly for 2/10 miles and the cemetery is on the left. GPS COORDINATES: 33° 50' 52.9980'' N, 95° 28' 44.7348'' W. (33.848055 Latitude and -95.479093 Longitude) OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: The oldest inscribed grave is that of the Infant Son of J. T. and L. J. Daughtrey, who died 9 May 1874. NUMBER OF GRAVES: There are 845 known graves in the cemetery. (July 2017) SIGNS/MARKERS: There is a state highway marker for the cemetery.
Historic Texas Cemetery: No Texas Historical Commission Marker: No
LAST ENUMERATION: It was recorded by Ron Brothers in August 1991. ADD'L INFORMATION: None. PICTURE(S):
Photograph courtesy of Lawrence and Sue Dale.
View pictures of the headstones.
Search for names in this and other cemeteries.
Return to the map page.
Return to the list of cemeteries.
Return to the main Lamar County, TX page.
Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.
Copyright © 1996 —
— The Lamar County TX Website Team
This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.