LOCATION: Piland Cemetery has not been located by the compiler because of the sketchy details in the Booth Records. It would probably be in the southwest quadrant of the county in Block 52 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. DIRECTIONS: From the records of Elizabeth Booth: "This family graveyard sits off the country road [believed to be somewhere between County Roads 26100 and 27100] about a city block. It was abandoned and destroyed in 1970. It was located in the southwest sector of the county. GPS COORDINATES: Not available OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: The oldest inscribed grave is that of R. G. Piland who died 9 Nov 1873. NUMBER OF GRAVES: There are 6 known graves in the cemetery. (July 2017) SIGNS/MARKERS: There is not a sign for the cemetery. LAST ENUMERATION: Unknown. ADD'L INFORMATION: Miles Piland had a headright for 320 acres situated 18 miles southwest of Paris and another 310 acres located 17 miles southwest of Paris. The land had been later known as the Herrell farm and in 1970 as the Mass [or Moss] farm."
There are 6 graves noted here. The following persons are known to be buried here: Jason Carson 16 Dec 1893 - 8 Mar 1894, J. B. E. footstone, E. W. Piland, O. C. Piland, Oliver Piland all of whose birth and death are not known and R. G. Piland 5 May 1872 - 9 Nov 1873.
No Photograph of the Cemetery Is Available
Search for names in this and other cemeteries.
Return to the map page.
Return to the list of cemeteries.
Return to the main Lamar County, TX page.
Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.
Copyright © 1996 —
— The Lamar County TX Website Team
This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.