LOCATION: Milton Cemetery is in the southeast quadrant of the county. It is in Block 59 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. DIRECTIONS: The cemetery is located about three miles southwest of Deport on Farm Market Road 1501. GPS COORDINATES: 33° 30' 45" N, -95° 22' 27" W
(33.5127532 Latitude and -95.3742094 Longitude)
OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: The oldest inscribed grave is that of P. A. Mowery who died 26 Mar 1900. NUMBER OF GRAVES: There are 274 known graves in the cemetery. (July 2017) SIGNS/MARKERS: There is a sign for the cemetery. LAST ENUMERATION: The cemetery was recorded by Ron Brothers in April 1993. ADD'L INFORMATION: In February 1995 an officer of the Milton Cemetery Association, Dorothy Holt, Rt. 1, Box 92, Deport, TX 75435 submitted additions and corrections to all entries. The first Sunday in June is the annual cemetery reunion. PICTURE(S):
This cemetery photo is used with permission from Mary Hall Ferguson.
View pictures of the headstones.
Search for names in this and other cemeteries.
Return to the map page.
Return to the list of cemeteries.
Return to the main Lamar County, TX page.
Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.
Copyright © 1996 —
— The Lamar County TX Website Team
This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.