LOCATION: Knights of Honor Cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of the county. It is in Block 35 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. DIRECTIONS: From the traffic signal on Hwy 82 East in Blossom, proceed east for 2 blocks to the intersection with Young Street (FM 194). Take Young Street (FM 194) south for three blocks to the intersection with Fairview Street which becomes FM 194. Go east on Fairview Street for 7/10 mile and the cemetery is on the right. GPS COORDINATES: 33° 39' 24.8400" N, 95° 22' 8.1840" W.
(33.65690 Latitude and -95.36894 Longitude.)
OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: The oldest inscribed grave is that of John W. Jones, Confederate Veteran of Company G., 27th Texas Cavalry, CSA, who died in 1862. NUMBER OF GRAVES: There are 2,117 known graves in the cemetery. (July 2017) SIGNS/MARKERS: There is a state highway marker for the cemetery. LAST ENUMERATION: The cemetery was recorded in September 1990 by Ron Brothers. ADD'L INFORMATION: The older part of the cemetery (West Section) is referred to as Old Blossom City Cemetery in these records. It is separated by an unused field from the larger and newer eastern section of the cemetery. The cemetery contains over 1910 graves including the unknowns. PICTURE(S):
Photo below courtesy of Lawrence and Sue Dale.
View pictures of the headstones.
Search for names in this and other cemeteries.
Return to the map page.
Return to the list of cemeteries.
Return to the main Lamar County, TX page.
Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.
Copyright © 1996 —
— The Lamar County TX Website Team
This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.