LOCATION: Jones Cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of the county off Farm Market 905 in the Jennings Community. It is in Block 49 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. DIRECTIONS: Turn west on to County Road 13500 then south on County Road 13600 about a half mile down. Cemetery is about 1/4 mile from the turn on the east side of the road. It is located beside the mail box of the first house on the east side of the road. GPS COORDINATES: 33° 34' 33.62 N, 95° 28' 31.84 W.
(33.575972 Latitude and -95.475448 Longitude)
OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: The oldest inscribed grave is that of John M. Jones who died 5 Sep 1854. NUMBER OF GRAVES: There are 9 known graves in the cemetery. (July 2017) SIGNS/MARKERS: There is not a state highway marker for the cemetery. LAST ENUMERATION: The cemetery was recorded by Betsy Mills and Elizabeth House on March 2, 1992. ADD'L INFORMATION: The records of Elizabeth Booth, including interviews with Claude Jones Reeves, were used to supplement this cemetery. The cemetery contains 9 graves including the unknowns. The following persons are known to be buried here: William L. Cobb 18 Apr 1857 - 14 Sep 1887, Aron Jones (no dates), Cordelia Jones (no dates), George William Jones 4 May 1859 - 29 Nov 1893, John M. Jones 10 Sep 1851 - 5 Sep 1854, Kennie Jones (no dates), Maggie Jones (no dates), Margaret A. Jones 10 Feb 1820 - 11 Aug 1888 and Thomas J. Jones 9 Nov 1821 - 12 May 1885. PICTURE(S):
Search for names in this and other cemeteries.
Return to the map page.
Return to the list of cemeteries.
Return to the main Lamar County, TX page.
Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.
Copyright © 1996 —
— The Lamar County TX Website Team
This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.