LOCATION: Friendship Cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of the county in Block 57 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. DIRECTIONS: The cemetery is behind the Friendship Baptist Church about 3/4 of a mile from the intersection of Farm Market Roads 1497 and 3426, south of the Biardstown community on County Road 14750. GPS COORDINATES: 33° 31' 33.45 N, 95° 30' 26.44 W.
(33.5258515 Latitude and -95.5073047 Longitude)
OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: The oldest inscribed grave is that of Eliza J., wife of Robert Ratliff, who died 16 Dec 1858. NUMBER OF GRAVES: There are 389 known graves in the cemetery. (July 2017) SIGNS/MARKERS: There is a state highway marker for the cemetery. LAST ENUMERATION: The cemetery was recorded in October of 1990 by Ron Brothers. Updated and corrected in 2006 by Katy Allred, Sec.-Treas. of Friendship Cemetery Association. ADD'L INFORMATION: This cemetery is well maintained and is one of the prettiest cemeteries in the county. They keep good records. PICTURE(S):
View pictures of the headstones.
Search for names in this and other cemeteries.
Return to the map page.
Return to the list of cemeteries.
Return to the main Lamar County, TX page.
Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.
Copyright © 1996 —
— The Lamar County TX Website Team
This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.