LOCATION: Dickie Cemetery is located in the southwest quadrant of the county. It is in Block 46 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. DIRECTIONS: The cemetery is about 3 miles northeast of Roxton or about 1.5 miles southwest of the Ambia Community, off Farm Market #2122 on County Road 24405. GPS COORDINATES: 33° 34' 41.3796" N, 95° 40' 41.8578" W.
(33.5781611 Latitude and -95.6782938 Longitude)
OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: The oldest inscribed grave is that of Anna J. Gibson who died 20 Apr 1866. NUMBER OF GRAVES: There are 144 known graves in the cemetery. (July 2017) SIGNS/MARKERS: There is a state highway marker for the cemetery. LAST ENUMERATION: In October, 1991, the cemetery was recorded by Debbie Burks and Ron Brothers. However the recording maybe incomplete as some graves could not be reached because of thick underbrush. There were 74 graves identified during the visit in October. ADD'L INFORMATION: From the records of Elizabeth Booth, this was known as the Capt. Dickey graveyard. She states that Capt. Dickey was a sea captain who is buried here in an unmarked grave. PICTURE(S):
This cemetery photo is used with permission from Mary Hall Ferguson.
View pictures of the headstones.
Search for names in this and other cemeteries.
Return to the map page.
Return to the list of cemeteries.
Return to the main Lamar County, TX page.
Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.
Copyright © 1996 —
— The Lamar County TX Website Team
This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.