banner
Camp Maxey Cemetery, Lamar County, Texas
LOCATION: Camp Maxey Cemetery is located inside old Camp Maxey in the northwest quadrant of the county. It is in Block 16 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993.
DIRECTIONS: All bodies have been removed.
GPS COORDINATES: GPS coordinates are not available.
OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: Not applicable.
NUMBER OF GRAVES: There were 10 known burials in the cemetery. (July 2017)
SIGNS/MARKERS: There is not a state highway marker for the cemetery.
LAST ENUMERATION: No enumeration has been done.
ADD'L INFORMATION: The cemetery was used for the interment of German Prisoners of War. The bodies were transferred to Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery, TX in 1946 or 1947.
PICTURE(S): Photograph of the Cemetery Is Not Available


Search for names in this and other cemeteries.
Return to the map page.
Return to the list of cemeteries.
Return to the main Lamar County, TX page.



For questions, corrections, additions or concerns regarding this website, please email the Lamar County, Texas County Coordinator:
Betsy
For information regarding the Civil War pages, please email:
Ron
We regret that we are not able to answer research questions other than those that we have volunteered for on the pages that are linked to this one.

Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.

Copyright © 1996 — — The Lamar County TX Website Team
All Rights Reserved. Limited use rights may be granted by written or electronic permission.

This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.